Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Weirdest Craving

Do you ever just get a craving and wonder, "Where the hell did that come from?" So, today, at literally 7am I got the strangest craving- Chicago-Style Hot Dogs... seriously.
I really have no idea why. I mean, it's not like I saw a hot dog stand recently, or something on TV, I just really, really wanted one!
Well, I decided that satiating this bizarre hankering was a must and immediately started Googling hot dog places near UW, ha ha. I found this great place called Taste of Chicago which obviously sounded perfect.
I informed my boyfriend of our lunch plans, and while he was a bit confused, we set out at right after school (and a quick swing by UPS) to go claim my dog.
We had recalled that there was a hot dog place in the University Village (Dante's Inferno Dogs) that was even closer than the other place, and since UPS was in there also, we thought we just might try that one (though we really had no clue where it was...).
Well, we soon discovered that the guy now only sells his hot dogs on the weekends, so I was quite sad. However, Mikey and I had a ton of fun roaming around the U Village discovering places we never knew existed there.
We found a Pasta & Co and decided to stop in since I really didn't know what they were, but I had seen them around. It was so awesome! It was like a gourmet deli that also had freshly made pastas. We tasted some samples and I bought some cute tart shells and Mikey got some pulled pork for dinner tonight and we were on our way (but we will definitely be back).
For lunch we settled on our normal lunch spot, Specialty's Cafe and Bakery, where I got my typical sandwich- soo good- but for some reason afterwards I REALLY wanted a caramel macchiato so we stopped into Starbucks so I could get my drink. It was wonderful, and delicious, and warm :). 


  • Samples at Pasta & Co- I had a cracker with some artichoke spread, a cracker with cheese, and a mini tart shell about the size of a quarter filled with a veggie bruschetta (150cal?)
  • "The Vegetarian"- herb bread with avocado, sprouts, swiss, cucumber, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickle, pepperoncini, and stone ground mustard (440cal)
  • Tall Nonfat Caramel Macchiato (140cal)
=730 calories (way more than my usual!)

I got hungry at around 6:30, but wasn't ready for actual dinner yet so I decided on a snack- a banana smoothie! It was soooo good and filling. I always keep bananas in my freezer because I love them for smoothies and protein shakes so it was pretty easy. Just put all the ingredients in a blender and blend!
Nutty Banana-Cinnamon SmoothieNutty Banana-Cinnamon Smoothie
Nutty Banana-Cinnamon Smoothie
  • 1 frozen banana- 134g (119cal)
  • 1/2 tbsp agave syrup (30cal)
  • 1 tbsp Nuttzo (90cal)
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40cal)
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • 5 or 6 ice cubes
=279 calories

About 10:30ish after I finished my second big paper (!!!) I was ready for din (yeah, I know I eat super late, I'm a night owl!). I decided it was probably best that I eat the rest of my veggie burger and beans leftover from lunch the other day, so that made choosing my meal super easy. I also had some juicy fruit of the side!
IMG_1643Fruit!


  • 1/2 veggie burger on whole wheat bun with Tabasco, lettuce, tomato, and pickles (228cal)
  • 1/2 side of Fireside Beans (130cal)
  • 77g pineapple (39cal)
  • 84g watermelon (25cal)
  • 72g blueberries (37cal)
=459 calories

=1468 calories
More than I would have liked but it's alright because I've been under the past few days :]

No comments:

Post a Comment