Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Superbowl Time!... well it was...earlier...

Mikey and I went to The Ram for the first half of the Superbowl to grab some grub and watch the game, and then just went home to catch the second half. There were some pretty hilarious commercials tonight! Also, AWESOME half-time show I love The Who and Pinball Wizard is one of my all-time favorite songs so it was pretty cool that they started their mashup with that one- ridiculously cool stage as well.


Breakfast:
Vitamins & SupplementsVitamins & Supplements
Okay, I know vitamins don't exactly count as a meal, buuut as it was the Superbowl today I knew I would be gorging myself later on so I knew there had to be cutbacks somewhere.
My daily vitamin consumption includes:

  • 2 Multivitamins
  • 2 Fish Oil capsules (loaded with Omega-3 and is proven to expedite weight loss)
  • 1 Vitamin D capsule (because I live in the very UN-sunny Seattle)
  • 1 CoQ10 capsule (This enzyme is said to help aid in the treatment of migraines, heart failure, mitochondrial disorders, cancer, cardiac arrest, lowering blood pressure, and even prolonging lifespan. It's also naturally present in the body and aids in production of ATP.)
Lunch:
As I said, Mikey and I went to The Ram to catch the first half of the game, and while most of the food there is absolutely horrible for you, at least they have a nutritional menu. I started with a side salad sans the cheese and croutons (I really dislike processed cheese, especially on salads; it tastes like rubber). I got the "low-cal, low-fat" Serrano Grape dressing that I absolutely love because it has a really nice kick to it while still having a fruity edge- plus, it's only 60 calories. For my "entree" I got the hummus appetizer that comes with veggies (cucumber, green onion, carrot, zucchini, and celery) and some garlic flatbread which is unnecessarily, yet oh-so-deliciously drenched in garlicky butter. This happens to be the healthiest and lowest-cal thing on the entire menu as most items range from about 900-2000 calories (blegh!). It's actually pretty filling and I only ate about half of it (mostly the veggies) and had the rest packaged-up to munch on later!
  • Side salad (90cal)
  • Hummus Platter (378cal)
=468 calories
This is the leftovers from my hummus platter that I finished off while typing up my lab report this evening:
Hummus Platter

Snack:
Chocolate Cupcake- no frosting
Well, I finally gave into my chocolate cravings and made some cupcakes today! I tried to make them a bit healthy by using white whole wheat flour and skim milk in the recipe. Without the frosting they are actually fairly reasonable in terms of calories (130). They turned out excellent and you can find the recipe for these Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting on my other blog!
  • 1 cupcake sans frosting (130cal)
  • a few tastes of frosting (50cal?)
=180 calories

Dinner:
Dinner!
I had my favorite sandwich ever for dinner. See this is what it looks like:
My Favorite Sandwich Ever
It's sooo yummy! I also had half a Claussen and some Greek yogurt with Pomegranate and granola crumbles. It looks pretty at first:
Greek Yogurt w/ Pomegranate and Homemade Granola
And then I mix it all up and it looks not-so-pretty hah (there I am in the spoon!):
Greek Yogurt w/ Pomegranate and Homemade Granola
  • Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin (100cal)
  • 39g Cucumber (6cal)
  • 1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedge (35cal)
  • Dill, dill, dill!
  • Half a Claussen pickle (5cal)
  • 3oz. Fat free Greek yogurt (45cal)
  • Crumbled Homemade Granola Bar (195cal)
  • 40g Pomegranate Arilis (27cal)
=413cal

=1061 calories for the day 
(not very much, but it's late and I'm tired; I guess I overestimated how much I would eat for the Superbowl today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment