Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cupcakes for dinner?

Last night Mikey and I went to see Shutter Island and it didn't get out until like 1am so I apologize for not posting. The movie was sooo good though! I totally did not see the ending coming at all! I highly recommend it.
Anyways, I had no pictures for my eats yesterday anyway, but here they are:


Lunch was my usual sandwich from Specialty's Cafe and Bakery sans the provolone cheese, mayo, and ranch, and Mikey and I ordered a cup of the Tomato Tortellini soup to taste. It came with a whole wheat roll that was delightfully sweet. We concurred that the soup tasted just like pasta with extra sauce! Yum!:

  • "The Vegetarian"- Herb Bread with stone ground mustard, swiss cheese, sprouts, lettuce, avocado, tomato, red onion, cucumber, dill pickle, mushrooms, bell peppers, and pepperoncini (440cal)
  • Few bites of soup with about 1/4 whole wheat roll (150cal?)
=590 calories

For dinner we went to Boom Noodle before our movie. I love Boom Noodle so much and get the exact same thing every time ha ha:
  • Shiitake Soba- buckwheat noodles, shiitake mushrooms, inari, tofu, green onion, kaiware sprouts, tenkasu, dashi broth (I always guess about 700-800cal)
=750 calories?

=1340 calories for the day

Onto today!
My boyfriend Mikey and I have been following the Winter Olympics pretty closely this year and he fell in love with curling (LOL) so this afternoon, we actually went to Granite Curling Club of Seattle (which is apparent like the best in the country?) to try it out. It was nice because it's only about 5 minutes away and they were having an open house where you could go learn to curl for $10 apiece. I was SHOCKED to see how many people were there- I'm talking at least 100 and the classes were going on all day. It was especially incredible because they didn't have any sort of advertisement. It was just people, like Mikey and me, who saw curling on the Olympics and looked up a place to go do it.
Anyways, I found it far too cold and rather boring (I tend to like high-impact sports as I used to so crew), but Mikey really loved it and might actually join the Spring league! Hah!
It was really nice thought because they had snacks and drinks out and they even have a bar inside! I helped myself to a few snacks for pre-curl:
  • a little sandwich pinwheel (maybe about an inch thick?) which included: turkey, white cheese, tomato, and mayo
  • a small handful of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips
  • Some broccoli and carrots with veggie dip
=about 200 calories

Right after we finished we were both quite hungry and headed on over to the UVillage to find some foods! We found this great casual Italian place called Pallino Pastaria. We ordered an appetizer, which was actually an entree from the kid's menu (hah!), that was basically meatballs with honey mustard and BBQ for dipping. It also came with a little fruit skewer and some homemade chips:
I had two meatballs (which were so flavorful), most of the fruit skewer, and probably about half the chips.
For my "entree" I ordered a bowl of the Pappa di Pomodoro soup which was amazing! It was basically a really chunky tomato soup with some parmesan croutons. It also came with a nice hunk of bread which I happily used to mop up the soup. This is about half-eaten:
Thanks to my boyfriend for letting me use his iPhone for the pictures :)!
I'm not sure on the calorie count for this meal, but I would have to guess around 700?
=700 calories

On our way to the car we stopped in at Trophy Cupcakes and each grabbed a cupcake for later, which I ended up eating for dinner with a glass of milk because I am a glutton :p. I got the Chocolate Hazelnut- Valrhona Chocolate Cake with Nutella Buttercream Edged in Candied Hazelnuts. Oh my lord this was SO INCREDIBLE! I love Nutella so this was a real treat for me- so moist and chocolatey! The candied hazelnuts really put it over-the-top- easily one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth.
I would guess about 400 calories (sooo worth it!)
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake (400cal)
  • 1 cup skim milk (80cal)
=480 calories

=1180 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment