Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to Blogging

I apologize for not blogging yesterday (Wait, who am I apologizing to? Is there anyone out there?), but honestly, I just didn't feel like it. But I still tracked everything I ate- though with no photos:


No breakfast (I'm bad at that), but for lunch I went to Starbucks. Who knew they had healthy food options now? The last time I remember picking something up at Starbucks was a turkey sandwich in an airport terminal that I later found out was like 800 calories... how is that even possible? But anyways, apparently they did a major overhaul and everything is pretty much under 500 calories! And it was REALLY yummy! I got:

  • Chicken and Vegetable Wrap- a whole wheat wrap with peppers, carrots, red-pepper hummus, slivered Kalamata olives, and chicken (290cal)
  • 6 oz. fruit bowl- grapes, red apples, green apples, cantaloupe (though I gave Mikey the cantaloupe) (90cal- including cantaloupe so maybe 50cal?)
=340 calories


For dinner  I made a gnocchi dish with fresh gnocchi, browned butter, pine nuts, spinach, parmigiana reggiano, and garlic. It tuned out too garlicky and I wished that I had simply panfried the gnocchi as apposed to boiling it first but it was alright.

  • gnocchi (440cal)
Late last night I realized I DEFINITELY not had enough calories so I had a nice big bowl of Total Blueberry Pomegranate with skim milk and a touch of cream (seriously, so good yet so bad for me).
  • cereal (315cal)
=1095 calories
Really, I honestly don't know how I am having trouble getting enough calories.

Okay, onto today!
For lunch today Mikey and I went to Panera! I, of course, got my usual You-Pick-2:
  • 1/2 greek salad (190cal)
  • chicken noodle soup (140cal)
  • whole grain baguette (190cal)
=520 calories

We didn't have dinner until super late (totally out of the ordinary for us, right?) because I wanted to finish up my paper first. I tried to make a very calorie-dense dinner for myself since apparently I don't know how to eat enough hah. The lentils were EXCELLENT and I would definitely get them again (though I realize you can't even see them under the cabbage). I made a tahini dipping sauce on the side with a bit of tahini, water, salt, pepper, and yogurt (yeah I didn't have any plain yogurt so I just used the acai- it sounds weird but it was actually quite good). This was such a filling meal (I think a little too filling :/)
Lentil Salad & Cabbage PitaAcai yogurt with blueberries and Kashi U cereal

  • 170g green lentil salad from Pasta & Co (I believe it is just lentils, a couple stewed tomatoes, some herbs, and spices so I am just estimating on the calorie count) (150cal)
  • Whole wheat pita (160cal)
  • Napa cabbage (negligible)
  • 1.5 tsp tahini (45cal)
  • Siggi's acai yogurt (170cal)
  • 115g blueberries (60cal)
  • 4g agave syrup (15cal)
  • 24g Kashi U cereal (honestly, one of the very best cereals I have ever tasted) (87cal)
=687 calories

=1207 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment