Monday, February 15, 2010

Recovery

After all that rich food yesterday (see my Valentine's dinner HERE), today was definitely a day of recovery (and there were no classes today in honor of President's Day!). I got up late so I didn't eat breakfast, but for lunch Mikey and I went to The Ram because he really wanted their BBQ chicken sandwich. I opted for a Veggie Burger, which was really quite delicious, though I only ate half of it.

  • 1/2 veggie burger on whole wheat bun with Tabasco, lettuce, tomato, and pickles (228cal)
  • 1/2 side of Fireside Beans (130cal)
=358 calories

A bit later I was ready for a snack and decided to have the other half of my tofu/almond butter sandwich from yesterday.
  • 1/2 sandwich with firm tofu sauteed in shoyu soy sauce, almond butter, cucumber slices, and baby romaine on toasted Trader Joe's Honey and Oat bread (220cal?)
=220 calories

I didn't get hungry for dinner until pretty late, and decided I wanted some sort of stir-fry. I've really been in an Asian food mood as of late. I remembered the Shirataki noodles that I bought at Whole Foods a couple of days ago and thought those would make a great base (these noodles are awesome; they are made from tofu and are only 40 calories for an entire package!). I sauteed some green onions, ginger, and garlic in some sesame oil and added in some veggies, tofu and in just a bit I had a great (SUPER filling) meal. The dressing I made for it was soy sauce, mirin, sriracha, and oyster sauce.
Shiratki Noodles with Stir Fried Veggies and Tofu
Shiratki Noodles with Stir Fried Veggies and Tofu
  • 1 package shirataki noodles (40cal)
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil (130cal)
  • 135 g yellow bell pepper, sliced (36cal)
  • 1.3 oz enoki mushrooms (13cal)
  • 42 g carrots, sliced (18cal)
  • 93 g firm tofu, chopped (65cal)
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce (35cal)
  • napa cabbage, chopped (negligible)
  • 1 tsp shoyu soy sauce (negligible)
  • 1 tsp mirin (negligible)
  • 1 tsp sriracha (negligible)
=337 calories

Despite how incredibly filling my dinner was, it was actually really low-cal and I knew I still needed a bunch of calories for the day (seriously, wtf? How is it that I have been having trouble getting enough calories?!). So, later I had some milk (a cute little bowl just for dipping) and cookies. Yeah, I gave in and calculated the calories for my cookies :(.
Homemade Valentine Oreos with Milk for Dipping
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk (40cal)
  • 2 TKO's (220cal- about 110 calories/cookie)
=260 calories

=1175 calories
Ah that's as high as I can go today! That's okay, it is a day of recovery after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment