Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Only Tuesday :/

It was a fairly uneventful day- which isn't necessarily bad :), but does it not feel like it's the end of the week as apposed to the beginning? Maybe I'm just itching for Spring Break.


At Safeway last night I found these wonderful pre-cooked meals in the deli that you just heat up, the best part? they are pretty low-cal! For lunch today I decided to try out the Orange Chicken with Water Chestnuts which I ate over some leftover rice I had in the fridge. It was soooo yummy! I love water chestnuts; they have such an excellent texture. It was also quite filling and I can't believe it was so low in calories considering how much chicken there was.
Orange Chicken

  • Orange Chicken pre-cooked meal (300cal)
  • 85g cooked short-grain white rice (160cal)
=460 calories

For dinner, we changed it up and went somewhere we haven't been in years; we went to California Pizza Kitchen! I just love when restaurants provide nutritional information; it makes it so much easier for me! It was all sooooo delicious! I got:
  • Asparagus and Arugula Salad, from the "Small Cravings" menu (173cal)
  • a cup of the Tuscan White Bean Minestrone soup (140cal)
  • White Corn Guacamole and Chips, also from the "Small Cravings" menu (362cal)
=675 calories

My midnight snack/dessert included one of my monstrous and amazing Everything Cookies and a bit of milk for dipping!
Cookie & Milk
=260 calories

=1395 calories for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment