Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cheat Meal!

Alright, well I decided toady it was about time for a cheat meal :), so after class (around 10:15am) Mikey and I went to Brunch at the Portage Bay Cafe. I went all out for this meal and got the Dungeness Crab Cake Benedict. It was sooo good and rich. It was two crab cakes topped with sauteed spinach, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. I also ordered some whole wheat toast on the side. I did make one healthy choice and subbed the herb-roasted red potatoes with fresh fruit. This meal kept me full for the entire day until quite late when I decided I should eat some dinner.


Brunch:
I managed to eat everything except one slice of toast and half a crab cake, hah!

  • Dungeness Crab Cake Benedict (800-900cal?)
=900 calories (worth every single calorie)

Dinner:
Avocado, Hummus, and Cucumber Sandwich
Peaches and Blueberries
A delicious hummus, avocado, and cucumber sandwich and a bowl of fruit!
  • 1 Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin (100cal)
  • 25g avocado (48cal)
  • 2tbsp TJ's Tomato Basil Hummus (45cal)
  • 32g cucumber slices (5cal)
  • A few leaves of baby romaine
  • 207g peaches (76cal)
  • 115g blueberries (60cal)
=334 calories

=1234 calories for the day
Well geeze, that didn't turn out to be much of a cheat meal in terms of calories. I really have a problem with allowing my self honest-to-goodness cheat meals and always end up compensating for them in other meals. I know this defeats the purpose of a cheat meal and I honestly want to be okay with "cheating" every now and again, but I think it goes back to my food/body issues of the past. It's certainly something I need to work harder at overcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment