Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Classes and the Gloriousness that is Runny Yolks

I registered for my classes for next quarter this morning and I guess I'm somewhat pleased. I'm taking a really interesting-sounding Post-Modern Lit class as well as an English class called "Angels and Demons: The Home in 19th Century Literature." No, not Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, hah. It focuses on: "hauntings, ghosts, crypts, prisons, insanity, murder, vampires, and decadence" in the Victorian home. Sounds pretty cool, right? Lastly, I'm taking another low-level Archaeology class to satisfy my minor. I had wanted to take an awesome Anthropology class called Comparative Study of Death which is all about how death and funeral/burial rituals are treated in other countries (much like that recent Taboo episode, if you saw it), but at the moment it is only open to majors :/.

ANYWAYS, enough about school, onto the food!

For lunch I had some tangy greek yogurt with granola and guava fruit spread, and a nutty end-piece of toast slathered with crunchy Nuttzo!
IMG_1726
IMG_1727

=390 calories

Dinner this evening was another pre-cooked Safeway meal from the deli, Shepherd's Pie! Well, it was called Shepherd's pie, but it's not lamb it's beef so it's really cottage pie. Shepherd's/Cottage Pie is one of my favorite dishes so I have a fairly high standard, but this was actually really good- it was so flavorful! It may look like mush on the plate (I had to transfer it out of the container I cooked it in), but that was some AMAZING mush! I ate it with a delicious green salad with a poached egg, which was equally as delicious! Runny yolks seriously make everything better, do they not?
IMG_1731
IMG_1732IMG_1738
  • Shepherd's Pie pre-cooked meal meal (430cal)
  • Herb/lettuce mix (5cal)
  • 52g avocado, chopped (99cal)
  • 1 small vine tomato, chopped (5cal)
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (120cal)
  • 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar (5cal)
  • poached egg (74cal)
=738 calories
What a huge delicious dinner!

My midnight snack tonight was a cookie and milk for dipping!
Cookie + Milk
=260 calories

=1388 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment