Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hooray for the Weekend!

I cannot even begin to describe how happy I am that the week is over! School is seriously kicking my ass. Pretty much every single night I have a paper to write and I had an essay test in my English class on Thursday. BUT! There is a bright side! I got my first big paper back for one of my English classes and I got a 4.0! I worked so hard on that paper so I'm really proud of myself :] I also got back a smaller paper for my other English class that I received a 3.9 on. I think I'm on a roll :D


Anyways, I went to the Alice in Chains concert last night with Mikey (the tickets were one of my Christmas gifts!) and it was unbelievably amazing despite the fact that I think my hearing may be damaged irreparably, ha ha. We didn't get home until about midnight so that meant a super late dinner and no post for the day. Why didn't I eat dinner before the concert you might ask? Because I didn't eat at all until after my classes (around 1:30); no breakfast :/. So, I did eat beforehand, I had a small bowl of cereal but I knew I needed to eat more to get my calories up enough for the day so I had dinner when I got back.


Lunch:
I went to Panera! Mikey and I go here at least 3x/week after class because it's really close to home, and actually quite healthy. I always get the "You-Pick-Two" which, for me, always includes a half Greek Salad, a Whole Grain Baguette, and either a half turkey sandwich or (usually) a cup of the Chicken Noodle Soup or Vegetable Pesto Soup. Today I chose the half sandwich as I was ravishingly hungry.

  • Panera Half Greek Salad (190cal)
  • Panera Whole Grain Baguette Side (190cal)
  • Panera Half Smoked Turkey Sandwich (280cal)
=660 calories

I like to rip off pieces of the baguette and eat it with the salad- probably not the best table manners, but it's far too delicious for me to stop.

Snack:
  • 1 cup Total Blueberry Pomegranate Cereal (170cal)
  • 3/4 cup Skim Milk (67cal)
  • 53g Blueberries (27cal)
=264 calories

Dinner:
Pacific Natural Foods Creamy Tomato Soup with Black Beans and Golden Hominy
The beans and hominy (which I adore the texture of) tasted delectable in the soup. By the way, in case you haven't heard me rave about over on my other blog, this soup is incredible! It's the BEST tomato soup that I have ever put in my mouth, no joke.
  • 1 1/2 cups Pacific Natural Foods Creamy Tomato Soup (150cal)
  • 110g Mixed Golden Hominy and Black Beans (60cal)
=210 calories

Dessert:
Blueberries with Honey Mascarpone Cream
I am warning you, this is sinfully good and super simple. Just whip together the mascarpone, honey, and cream until fluffy and mix it with the berries (I left a few unmixed to pile on top)- there, you have dessert, hah. I just bought a huge container of fresh blueberries from Costco and they are ridiculously ripe and sweet so I've been trying to eat as many as possible. Plus, they are loaded with antioxidants.
  • 115g Blueberries (60cal)
  • 2tbsp Mascarpone Cheese (120cal)
  • 1tbsp Heavy Cream (45cal)
  • 1tsp Honey (10cal)
=235 calories

=1369 calories for the day

You may have noticed that a lot of what I eat is measured to the exact gram or ounce; that's because I always weigh my food so that I can make sure to get the exact calorie count :).

No comments:

Post a Comment