Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had the most wonderful day! This is my very first, honest-to-God cheat day. I ate whatever I wanted all day and didn't worry about counting calories or how unhealthy everything was for me :P. It was seriously awesome (and really I deserve it).


TKO's for Valentine's Day!


I started the day with a homemade "Oreo" (pictured above!) and skim milk (yes, that's right, my breakfast was a cookie and milk *smug face*):
IMG_1606


For lunch I had one of my all-time favorite sandwiches that I haven't enjoyed in quite a while: Tofu and Almond Butter- don't knock it 'til you try it! I toasted 2 slices of TJ's Honey and Oat Bread and spread on maybe about 1 tbsp of raw almond butter. I topped one slice with a bit of baby romaine, 4 cucumber slices, and salt and pepper. Then, I quickly sauteed 1/4 of a big block of firm tofu (the only good kind!), that I had previously squeezed the moisture out of, in about a teaspoon of Shoyu soy sauce and slapped that on the other toasted bread slice. Pure deliciousness. I also had the world's smallest pickle half on the side. I ended up only eating half my sandwich and stuck the other half into the fridge in a plastic baggie.
Tofu and Almond Butter Sandwich- Don't knock it 'til you try it!
Tofu and Almond Butter Sandwich- Don't knock it 'til you try it!


At around 5:45pm I began to cook the gourmet feast I had planned for my boyfriend Mikey and myself. By around 8:15pm we were eating the main course and my oh my it was glorious: Filet Mignon in a Brandy Sauce with Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta and Leeks (recipes and photos to come over on Spache the Spatula). I have to pat myself on the back because it turned out superb. Seriously, I'm not sure I could get a more perfect medium-rare filet at a steak house.
For dessert I made Dark Chocolate Souffles with a Cardamom Crème Anglaise that was equally as amazing as the steaks, okay I lied, nothing could top those steaks (recipe also to come on the other blog).
It was a beautiful, romantic evening filled with great food!


How did your Valentine's Day go? What fun-filled things did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment