Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Same ol', same ol'




Nothing too exciting to report; just school, school, and more school. 
Straight to the eats:

Breakfast:
Bar Breakfast

  • Kashi Go Lean Crunchy! Chocolate Almond Bar (170cal)
=170 calories

Lunch:
I had a meeting at school today so Mikey and I didn't get to leave for lunch until 2:30! We were STARVING!
For lunch, we went to the Specialty Cafe and Bakery, which I love! I especially love their sandwich called "The Vegetarian" as it loaded, and I mean freakin' loaded, with veggies! It's hard to even get your hands around. The bread, though, is the shining star in this sandwich. It's always incredibly fresh and soft and wonderful! I always get it without the mayo and ranch. With the mayo and ranch it's around 670 calories, so I just subtract 150 calories from that.
  • "The Vegetarian"- herb bread with avocado, sprouts, swiss, provolone, cucumber, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickle, pepperoncini, and stone ground mustard (520cal)
=520 calories

Dinner:
Pork Gyozas
Japanese Pear
I wanted an Asian-themed meal this evening and remembered that I had some pork gyozas in the freezer, perfect! I decided t make gyozas with a dipping sauce an rice :). (You may notice that there are actually 8 dumplings on the plate but Mikey ate one :])
  • 7 vegetable and pork gyozas (210cal)
  • 85g cooked short-grain white rice (160cal)
  • 1/4 dipping sauce recipe (47cal)
  • 250g Japanese pear (102cal)
=519 calories
This was the recipe for the dipping sauce I made:



  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp shoyu soy sauce (90cal)
  • 1 tsp mirin (8cal)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil (43cal)
  • 1 tsp chili oil (45cal)
  • 1/2 tsp rice vinegar (4cal)
  • smallest garlic clove in the whole world, minced
  • 1 scallion, sliced
  • a bit of grated ginger
=1209 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment