Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tapas and VegFest 2010!

Sorry about not posting yesterday! I was busy cooking and cleaning.
Here's my eats for yesterday:


I didn't eat until dinner at about 6pm, but dinner was rather big.
I planned a Tapas Date night for Mikey and me (You can see the first part of my recipes for the night HERE)!
The tapas included:

  • Homemade Manchego Crackers with Marcona Almonds accompanied by Membrillo
  • Spanish Olive Medley with a Goat Padacabra Cheese
  • Spanish Varillas: prosciutto di parma spread with a chive goat cream cheese and arugula and wrapped around crispy breadsticks
  • Spanish Tostadas with Chorizo and Watermelon: rustic bread topped with a chorizo, watermelon, arugula, heirloom tomatoes, and sherry vinegar

I had at least 5 crackers with some membrillo, a few olives and Patacabra, 2 varillas, and 1 tostada- so much food! I'm so proud of myself for making everything, putting it all together :)!


At around 11pm I was hungry again. I had a tiny bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (love that cereal!) and Mikey and I split a piece of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake I made, though we only ate about 1/2 between the two of us.


Now onto today!


I convinced Mikey to got to VegFest 2010 with me today so we could snack on samples for our breakfast/lunch. The sample highlights were Coconut Bliss ice cream, lots of delicious granola bars, and Theo chocolate. To be honest though, for every delicious thing there, there were probably 5 creepy/weird/gross things. For instance, there was an apple sauce packet that was trying (and failing) to be GoGo Squeez in grossly creamy banana apple flavor- what's worse? It was warm... YUCK. There was also a a pear "juice" that was absolutely revolting. I add the quotes around juice because it was so thick and syrupy that it must have been some sort of sick joke to call it "juice."
Anyways, besides some of the weird food, I'm glad I went because I got a bunch of awesome stuff for free (minus the $8 cover fee for the event), but even though I don't even eat meat that often, being around so many products that are trying to be meat-free really makes you crave a nice juicy steak :P!
From the bottom right and going clockwise, sorta:
Samples from VegFest

Some coupons:
Coupons from VegFest
And this:
Cereal from VegFest
  • A WHOLE FREAKIN' BOX of Nature's Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal (I don't know how managed this one... I was just nabbing a tiny sample packet of the other cereal they had when the lady working there says, "Would you like to try the maple too?" Naturally I said yes, and she hands me the entire unopened box, cool!
I got hungry for dinner around 8:30 but couldn't decide what to have. I paced back and forth from the pantry to the kitchen for a while, munching on Manchego crackers from yesterday and trying to settle on a meal. I decided to open my box of cereal that I received today so that I could taste it and after I did, I knew exactly what I was having for dinner. Oh. My. Goodness. This cereal is ammmmazing- so many textures and a whole lotta crunch! I loved the quinoa puffs, and the maple flavoring was sweet, but not too sweet.
I had a nice big bowl with a large banana sliced up in it- perfect dinner :):
Cereal + Nanner


No comments:

Post a Comment