Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stressed!

No pictures today, sorry :/
Also, it's been a super long (and somewhat stressful) day so I am a woman of very few words tonight.


Instead of my usual packed lunch, Mikey took me to California Pizza Kitchen where I got the half size of the BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad: chopped lettuce, black beans, sweet corn, jicama, cilantro, basil, crispy corn tortilla strips and Monterey Jack cheese tossed together in herb ranch dressing, topped with chopped BBQ chicken breast, diced tomatoes and green onions. I also added avocado! It was super delicious, and clocked in at a not-too-bad 699 calories.


At 5pm today I got a wonderful french pedicure (courtesy of my perfect boyfriend) at The Spa at Pro Sports Club that brought a bit of relief from my bad morning (school stuff :/). Afterwards, we stopped by his parents' house where they had dinner waiting on the table for us!
We had a small side salad with mixed greens, onion, tomato, sunflower seeds, bacon, croutons, and a low-fat Catalina dressing. It honestly sounds a lot heartier than it was; it was about the size of my hand (but really good!). We also has some wonderful, tender BBQ grilled chicken breast (boneless, skinless) of which I had 1/2 a breast. On the side there was steamed white and green asparagus and multigrain bread (I had 1 small piece with butter).
It was delicious and healthy :). I guess I was all about BBQ chicken today?
Then the desserts were brought out- cinnamon rolls from QFC and fudgy brownies. Mikey and I split a brownie and a cinnamon roll- SOOO good!


As soon as I got home, I immediately changed for the gym; nothing de-stresses me quite like a good workout :). I didn't have time for a full hour workout as usual as the gym closes at 10:30 and I didn't get there until 9:45, but I was able to get in an awesome workout on the elliptical anyway!
-45 minutes (5 miles in 41:02!! That's about 8:12 miles. Then cool down for the remaining time)
-5.35 miles total
-average heart rate 180bpm
-571 calories burned
Nothing quite cools me off like a great workout :). I'm really glad I was able to squeeze one in today.


Anyways, I just finished reading Kofka's Metamorphosis for my class tomorrow (weird book!) and now I'm off to take a bubble bath as my final de-stresser of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment