Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I want Pizza, P-I-Z-Z-A!

Let's get straight to the good stuff- the grub!

Lunch today was Spanish-inspired. I had a prosciutto, baby arugula and chive goat cream cheese (leftover from these) panini, served up with some Spanish olives, marcona almonds, and a Manchego and Marcona Almond Cracker!
Prosciutto, Chive Goat Cream Cheese, and Baby Arugula Panini with Spanish Olives and Marcona Almonds
Manchego and Marcona Almond Cracker
Prosciutto, Chive Goat Cream Cheese, and Baby Arugula Panini with Spanish Olives and Marcona Almonds
Prosciutto, Chive Goat Cream Cheese, and Baby Arugula Panini with Spanish Olives and Marcona Almonds
Part-way through I got the awesome idea to spread some membrillo (quince paste) on the panini- GREAT idea!
Prosciutto, Chive Goat Cream Cheese, and Baby Arugula Panini with Membrillo
Then I was off to my afternoon class. Upon returning, I NEEDED one of these babies (Cinnamon Hazelnut Brownie) with a small glass of skim milk:
Cinnamon Hazelnut Brownie
Cinnamon Hazelnut Brownie
Guys, these brownies are out of this world!

Dinner tonight was pizza. I haven't had pizza in so long and have been craving it like crazy for the past week. Mikey and I got a large pizza with our two favorite toppings- mushrooms and pineapple. Mmmm!
PIzza & Salad
I also made myself a big salad so that I wouldn't eat too much pizza (I've been known to eat like 6 slices...). It included:
  • a ton of mixed lettuce (it had matchstick carrots, cabbage, etc.)
  • fresh cilantro
  • red bell pepper
  • dried oregano
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • red wine vinegar
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper
SUCH a good dinner!
PIzza & Salad
BTW, I had to go back for a 3rd piece of pizza later, hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment