Friday, April 9, 2010

Chips and salsa is my life blood

Well, I didn't eat today until around 3PM, but when I did, I feasted on a piece of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake I made yesterday! OH MY GOD it is soooo good. But, the entire time I was eating it, I was lamenting that I didn't have a nice big glass of milk to enjoy it with. Milk would have just brought it from absolute deliciousness, to purely ethereal.
Chocolate Peanut BUtter Marble Cake
Seriously though, I mean look at that chocolate-peanut buttery goodness... Totally worth every calorie.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake

Mikey and I went to Whole Foods tonight for ingredients for my Tapas Feast that I am planning for tomorrow night, and while there I snacked on two ammmazzzing cheese cubes and a fishy white sardine filet (I had to try one to find out what was so great about them that they were $35/lb; I still don't know).

We quickly went home and put the groceries away and then we were off to dinner at Mexico Cantina y Cocina. It's one of our very favorite Mexican places!
I had my weight in the free chips and salsa- one of my all-time favorite foods, and theirs are near the top of the best of the best charts in my book. It's seriously so addictive; they put some sort of lime salt on their chips that just makes you nonstop eat them!
Chips and Salsa
My entree was the Mexican Chop Salad: Fresh organic greens, pico de gallo, avocado, corn, roasted red peppers and black beans; tossed in our cumin vinaigrette with Cotija cheese and topped with jalapeƱo cornbread croutons. Delectable! I loved the cornbread croutons!
Mexican Chop Salad
Sorry that the pictures are so dark; It was dark in the restaurant.

No gym again tonight :/- two nights in a row, that's a bad pattern. Ah well, live and let live...

No comments:

Post a Comment