Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pasta and Cupcakes and Banana Bread, OH MY

We'll start off with yesterday :), but first, I should mention that Monday night I AGAIN had to have another midnight bowl of cereal- it's a terribly delicious habit. It was Nature's Path Maple Sunrise- the best!


Tuesday:


For some reason I woke feeling starving despite the fact I had a late night bowl of cereal, so before heading out to class, I grabbed the other half of the Odwalla bar from the day before. It helped keep my stomach growls at bay through my morning lecture class, but as soon as I got out of it, I was really hungry again. Mikey and I had a delicious lunch at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery and I even managed t snap a picture of the infamous sandwich I always get (though I only remembered after I inhaled the first half, hah!):
Specialty's Cafe- "The Vegetarian"
My version of "The Vegetarian" contains:
  • avocado
  • cukes
  • pickles
  • red onion
  • tomato
  • lettuce
  • bell pepper
  • sprouts
  • mushroms
  • whole grain mustard
  • swiss cheese
While we we in the UVillage, we picked up a couple cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes to enjoy for dessert later. I got Chocolate Peanut Butter :)!

Then I had to quickly read a critical essay before going to my afternoon English class.
After class I was super sleepy so it was nap time for a couple of hours :D.
Afterwards, Mikey and I headed into Bellevue to go shopping at the mall at then grab dinner at Maggiano's because we had a $20 gift certificate to use.
I got a special that included:
  • bow-tie pasta
  • chicken
  • asparagus
  • spinach
  • sundried tomatoes
  • parmigiano reggiano
  • and a delicious parmesan broth
Their potions are HUGE so I only ate about half, but I was happy to be able to box the rest up and take it home. I also had my fair share of the bread and olive oil/balsamic on the table.

At around 11, we decided to break out the cupcakes. I enjoyed mine with a tall glass of milk- sooo delicious! I loved the peanut butter frosting! It was sprinkled with a crumbled peanut/sugar/salt mixture that was wonderful, but could have been a bit saltier.
IMG_2567
IMG_2572

Wednesday (today):

After my morning class, Mikey and I headed over to Panera for an early-ish (11am) lunch. I got the You-Pick-2 with a 1/2 Greek Salad and their tasty Pesto Garden Vegetable Soup with a Whole Grain Baguette. Mmmm!

After my afternoon class today, I did some baking. I made a glorious Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Bread that you will see over on my other blog in the next couple of days.

I snacked on a couple baby Anzac Biscuits, and then decided it was dinner time.
Dinner was leftover pasta from Maggiano's with a small piece of buttered french bread on the side- the best!
IMG_2579

And, naturally, I had to a have piece of the banana bread that I baked for dessert with a glass of milk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment