Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!


Today, for the holiday, Mikey and I joined his parents at McCormick and Schmick's for brunch at 2pm. I was ravishingly hungry by the time we got there, and was excited to see bread on the table! I had a nice big piece of sourdough with butter. For my entree I ordered the Roasted Turkey on Whole Wheat with Cranberry Chutney Sandwich. It was incredibly delicious. The chutney was so chunky (looove texture in my food) and you could tell the cranberries were fresh. Aside from turkey and chutney, the sandwich also contained tomato, and lightly dressed greens- major yum. I opted for fresh fruit on the side instead of chips or fries (I'm proud of myself for decisions like these), and ate 1/2 of my sandwich along with the pickle spear that accompanied it, and all of the fresh melon. "Dessert" was a few dark chocolate peanut M&M's (we brought a few bags as gifts for Mikey's mom because she is obsessed with M&M's). I left feeling satisfied but not stuffed- go me! I have a tendency to overeat when dining out, but I've been pretty good about it lately.


At around 7:30 pm I decided to enjoy the other half of my sandwich from brunch with a side of mixed fruit (mango, cantaloupe, grapes, watermelon, and pineapple) and 1 ounce of Wheat Thins Multigrain Chips (I love these chips because they are super crispy, salty, slightly sweet and you get a lot for not too many calories- 120cal for 1 oz.).
Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Chutney Sandwich with Fruit and Crackers
Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Chutney Sandwich with Fruit and Crackers
Completely delish! :)

My midnight snack (meal?) tonight was a bowl of Blueberry Flax granola (from Pike's) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. After I started eating, I threw in a few frozen blueberries for good measure ;).
Granola with Almond Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment