Monday, April 12, 2010

Brownies and Sweet Potatoes, no not together silly!

I didn't eat today until after school. (Okay that isn't completely true... I might have snuck a big ol' fingerful of frosting from the Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake still hanging out on the counter.) We decided to go to Subway to grab some lunch (late lunch at 3PM!) because we hadn't been there in forever. I got the only sandwich that I have ever ordered at Subway for the past 10ish years- white american cheese on Honey Oat bread with green peppers, banana peppers, lettuce, oil & vinegar, and salt and pepper. And, today I was super spontaneous and added jalapenos, hah. It was unbelievable as always, and I paired it with a bag of Garden Salsa SunChips (awesome flavor) when I got home. Delish!
Veggie Subway Sandwich


Then I got that feeling again- the urge to bake! So, I whipped up some Cinnamon Hazelnut Brownies that will be up on my other blog soon. But, I didn't get to have one after they were done because they needed to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours for ultimate enjoyment :).

At around 8 I decided I should make myself some dinner. I made a panini that was based off of THIS RECIPE.
Sweet Potato Panini
The changes I made were:
  • I used white sweet potatoes instead of red
  • I used a Fig & Date Balsamic Mustard instead of maple mustard
  • I used yellow heirloom tomatoes instead of roma
  • I used baby arugula instead of baby spinach
  • I didn't use any peppers
  • And finally, I used two small wheat pitas instead of one large one
I ate the rest of the greek yogurt from my little container with some Crofter's Superfruit in Europe, some Classic Back to Nature granola, and (after the pic) about a teaspoon of natural creamy peanut butter.
Sweet Potato Panini & Yogurt
Blahhh too much food! It was a good sandwich, but not "the best ever" as promised.

At 11 it was time for a brownie! I naturally needed a glass of milk (skim) to cut the rich chocolatey goodness.
IMG_2421
IMG_2425
OH MY GOD THESE ARE THE BEST BROWNIES EVER! Yes, that shouting was completely necessary. Just look at how fudgy they are! These brownies are out of this world. Keep an eye out on Spache the Spatula for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment