Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bananas make THE BEST dessert

I can't believe tomorrow is Easter! It kind of makes me sad I don't still live at home in Florida. My mom goes all out for holidays and Easter is no exception! She makes elaborate Easter baskets and awesome egg hunts, plus we die eggs and have an amazing homemade brunch with lots of family. This year Easter will be spent with my boyfriend Mikey and his parents at McCormick and Schmick's for brunch, which will be super fun I'm sure, just not the same.
Well, I didn't eat today until about 3:30 because I was being super lazy. I decided on a salad/sandwich combo.
Salad + Sandwich
Sandwich:
Salad:
  • big handful romaine mix (5cal)
  • chickpeas (maybe 30cal worth?)
  • 15g dry roasted pumpkin seeds (100cal)
  • 2 tbsp dried cranberries (48cal)
  • 2 tbsp Annie's Lite Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (40cal)
  • sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Salad + Sandwich
The sandwich was sooo good! I love sharp cheeses with fruits- it's a match made in heaven for sure. The salad was also wonderful. I really adore the honey mustard dressing because it isn't super heavy.
=453 calories

At around 6:45 I decided we should go to the gym, but I wanted to eat something first so I had enough energy. I decided on a small orange (which was so amazingly sweet and juicy) (60cal) and 3 Sunflower Cheddar Dr. Kracker's (I know there are 4 in my hand, but I gave 1 to Mikey :]) (45cal)
Orange
Sunflower Cheddar Crackers
=105 calories

I had a pretty good workout on the elliptical (obviously my cardio machine of choice):
-60 minutes + 5 minutes cool down
-746 calories burned
-183 bpm average heart rate (too high aghh!)
-6.48 miles

On the way home we stopped at the UVillage so Mikey could play on the new iPad at the Apple store (he plans on getting the 3G model coming out later this month). I decided I was in dire need of a snack + coffee so we stopped at Starbuck's where I got a grande nonfat caramel macchiato (190cal) and a Blueberry Granola Two Moms in the Raw Bar (220cal) (unfortunately I don't see the bars on their website). OMG it was the BEST granola bar I have EVER eaten- no joke. It tasted like an apple pie which is kind of weird because it was a blueberry flavor, but there were also apples and cinnamon. Additionally, these bars are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and organic. They couldn't be better for you!
=410 calories
We also stopped by Chipotle to grab dinner. I got a vegetarian salad:
  • lettuce
  • black beans
  • fajita veggies (onions, peppers, etc.)
  • pico de gallo
  • corn salsa
  • hot red salsa
  • guacamole
=435 calories
When I got home I topped it with one of the spelt veggie burgers I made yesterday (125cal). It was super filling (probably also because of the granola bar and coffee that I had only 45 minutes beforehand) and I couldn't eat the last few bites.
Chipotle Salad + Spelt Veggie Burger
Chipotle Salad + Spelt Veggie Burger
=555 calories

My late night snack was banana soft serve!!! OMG you have GOT to try this; it honestly has exactly the same consistency as soft serve. It's so hard to believe that the only ingredient is banana.
Just freeze 2 bananas (191cal) and then whir them around in a food processor (I heard this doesn't work with a blender) until it reaches the right consistency.
I topped mine with about a tablespoon of cacao nibs (what is pictured is not a whole tablespoon, I added more after I started eating) (75cal) and 30g of roasted cashews (170cal)- sooo amazing!
Banana Soft Serve- You HAVE to try this!!!
=436 calories

1959 calories - 746 calories burned
=1213 net calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment