Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Humpday :)

School was far better today :)


In between my morning and afternoon classes Mikey came and picked me up and we went to lunch at Pallino Pastaria. This was our second time at this fun little Italian place. You order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table.
I got:
  • Side Dolcetto SaladSpring greens, Red Flame grapes, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, gorgonzola, fat-free balsamic dressing.
  • Small Prosciutto & Roasted Fig Pizza: Creamy gorgonzola, fresh mozzarella, balsamic glaze, fresh basil.
Dolcetto Salad
Fig & Prosciutto Pizza
The place is really reasonably priced, too! My side salad, which came with a little piece of bread, was less that $4, and my HUGE pizza (seriously a small? I'd love to see the size of the regular...) was under $7.
It was dee-licious and I ate every bite! 
Afterwards, we headed over to the Starbuck's Cafe within Barnes & Noble so that I could do some quick reading for my next class. We had to be paying patrons so I got a tall nonfat iced caramel macchiato. I love the caramel macchiatos cold because the caramel doesn't melt and dissolve like in the hot version so you get sips of tasty caramel!
Iced Caramel Macchiato
It was a LOT of food (/drink) for lunch, but I was pretty dang hungry. Additionally, I didn't feel out-of-control with how much I wanted to eat. I knew exactly how much I was eating and made the decision myself to eat it all without regret (I love that! It's no fun to be regretful about food; listen to your body!).
Then it was back to my last class before heading home to catch a nap :)

At around 8PM I started getting antsy for the gym, and was out the door an hour later after watching the season premier of Top Chef Masters (AWESOME show!).
I felt like I was moving in slow motion today. It was a weird workout. I kept thinking I wanted to stop so I would start my cool- only to decide I should keep going! First I was going to stop after 3 miles, then 4, but I kept going 'til 5 hah:
-50 minutes
-5.35 miles total
-600 calories burned
-186 bpm average
I did 3 miles in 26:22 (8:47/mile), 4 miles in 35:58 (8:59/mile), and 5 miles 45:36 (much worse than yesterday, 9:07 miles compared to my 8:13 miles. This is what I meant about moving in slow motion! It probably didn't help that I started my cool-down three separate time, hah).

After I got home, I was SUPER hungry and decided upon Yoga Hot Pot leftovers topped with feta cheese and a piece of multigrain bread that Mikey's parents sent home with us last night with a bit of butter. I also had a glass of Arizona Diet Green Tea. SOOOO good!!! In fact, I think this was better served with the feta than with the greek yogurt :).
Yoga Hot Pot with Feta
Yoga Hot Pot with Feta

No comments:

Post a Comment