Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seattle Restaurant Week- The Dahlia Lounge (and other eats)

I got up suuuuper early this morning (no idea why, I got like zero sleep) at like 6:45, and since I didn't have class until 9:30, I decided to make a delicious breakfast- steel-cut oats!
IMG_2487
The mix included (everything after the salt added after cooking):

IMG_2489
I absolutely LOVE steel-cut oats people! So much texture- these are heads and shoulders above regular rolled oats. Also, this combo was heaven!
I also may have had to sneak an Anzac biscuit while the oats were cooking:
IMG_2485

This week (Monday 19 through next Thursday 29) is Seattle Restaurant Week! More than 125 (super nice) Seattle-area restaurants are offer $25 three-course dinners. BUT, some of the places are also offering $15 three-course lunches! Naturally I wanted to eat at every restaurant participating, alas, there is not enough time, nor do I have enough money.
Anyways, I thought that $15 for three courses was incredibly reasonable so today Mikey and I tried out the famous Tom Douglas's Dahlia Lounge for lunch.
Oh. My. God. Best lunch of my life, no joke.
Here's what I got:
They brought us Homemade bread and butter to start
IMG_2492
Grilled Local Asparagus with Shaved Parmesan and Lemon
IMG_2493
Chilled Pan-Seared Albacore Tuna with Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes, Cracked Olives, Bitter Greens, Citrus, and a Harissa Vinaigrette
IMG_2500
IMG_2502
Triple Coconut Cream Pie with Shaved White Chocolate and Toasted Coconut
IMG_2508
I would have expected to pay at least $30 for this meal. It was absolutely out-of-this-world good. Everything in the entree paired together so remarkably. 
And just for fun, here is what Mikey got:
Tom's Tasty Tomato Soup with Brown Butter Croutons (REALLY good)
IMG_2497
Char Sui Pork with Mushroom Fried Rice, Gai Lan, and Hot Chinese Mustard
IMG_2505
Tom's World Famous Creme Caramel (that little crispy thing on top was heaven)
IMG_2511
If you are looking for a place to try out for Seattle Restaurant Week, GO HERE!

For dinner, all I could think about was the delicious pita I had last week, so we got Pita Pit!
Of course I got my typical pita:
  • whole wheat pita
  • hummus
  • feta
  • shredded lettuce
  • sprouts
  • mushrooms
  • green pepper
  • cukes
  • banana peppers (my fave!)
  • jalapenos
  • "secret sauce"
  • s&p
Pita Pit! (+ sea salt & vinegar chips)
Served up with Kettle Sea Salt and Vinegar chips, obviously :P Yummy in my tummy!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go here for such a long time, hopefully someday I will get to go. I also want to try delancey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about Delancy, but I have yet to go; it looks so delicious.
    I also want to try Tom Douglas's pizza place called Serious Pie!

    ReplyDelete