Monday, March 15, 2010

What a beautiful day!

Today was absolutely gorgeous in Seattle. It made me positively giddy. I CANNOT wait for summer. I know, I know, it's a bit far off. But, days like these remind me it's closer than you may think.
Tonight my very last paper of the quarter was due! I also found out that I received a 4.0 on my essay test that I had on Friday, as well as a 4.0 on my previous short paper!! One test left. Spring Break is just inches out of my grasp!


Ah, well, onto the eats!


While Mikey worked on his final research paper, I made us a tasty snack!
Cara Cara orange, cashews, and little BBQ weenies
It included 1 delicious Cara Cara orange (if you haven't had one of these guys, they are exceptionally sweet with a bit of a cranberry-like tartness), some roasted cashews, and some cute mini hot dog weenies cooked in BBQ sauce. I would say I ate 1/2 the orange, 1/3 of the cashews, and 1/4 of the weenies.


At around 5 I decided I was hungry again and made some tasty pasta- Whole Grain Linguine with Kale, Dried Cranberries, and Pistachio Sauce. It was so amazing- recipe to come over on Spache the Spatula!
Whole Grain Linguine with Kale, Dried Cranberries, and Pistachio Sauce
I had around 1/4 of the recipe, maybe a bit less.


Dinner wasn't until LATE (after I finished my paper). I had the most unbelievable sandwich- a Peanut Butter, Apple Butter, and apple Panini. I L-O-V-E melty peanut butter! This combo was over-the-top good; I highly recommend it :) 
Peanut Butter, Apple Butter, and Apple Panini
I used:

  • 2 slices Orowheat Master's Best Winter Wheat, toasted (180cal)
  • 1 apple, sliced (I probably only used about 1/4 of the apple on my sandwich, but while it was in the panini maker I ate the leftovers with some peanut butter)
  • 1 tbsp apple butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp creamy penut butter
  • 1 1/2 tsp butter, for spreading on the outside of the bread

No comments:

Post a Comment