Monday, March 15, 2010

Small Change

I apologize for not posting for a couple of days. I've been deliberating about whether to go through with something I've been playing with. I've decided that for the next two weeks (my spring break), I will not be counting my calories, but I will still be blogging my eats. My reasoning for this is two-fold: 1) I know that it will be impossible to count my calories while I am Florida, eating my mom's cooking and going out, and 2) I want to see if I am still able to lose weight without tallying up my counts for each day. Many times, I find myself finishing a plate of food when I'm already full, just because I wouldn't know how many calories to write down if I left a few bites. I think this will be a fun experiment :)!


Anyways, let's rewind to the food I ate the past couple of days:
On Friday (at around 3ish), we went to an AWESOME Vietnamese place called Long. The food was absolutely amazing. We shared and appetizer of pork rolls to start:

  • Skewered grilled pork rolls: Salad roll with fresh herbs and skewered grilled pork slices served with peanut sauce.

Four came in the order and I had one :). For my entree, I ordered a Vietnamese crepe:
Vietnamese Crepe
Vietnamese Crepe
  • Long Provincial crepe: Scallops, prawns, pork slices, shiitake mushroom, bean sprouts, and mung beans in fried rice batter topped with coconut milk served with green vegetable platter.
It was, honest-to-god, one of the best things I have ever eaten- and definitely one of the most unique. The "vegetable platter" was actually just a plate of lettuce and tons of fresh herbs to make the crepe into lettuce wraps. The crepe itself was STUFFED with bean sprouts. The texture of the actual crepe was so incredible- crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy in the center, and delectable pieces of meat and seafood throughout. It was a party in my mouth!
I was INCREDIBLY full for the remainder of the day. I had a midnight snack of cereal later that night, though: a small bowl of Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! Honey Almond Flax with skim milk- yum!

Yesterday (Saturday) for lunch I had a delicious variation on my Moroccan Carrot Sandwich, and replaced the goat cheese with hummus! I enjoyed it with a glass of homemade Sangria (recipe to come on my other blog!), loaded with fruit!
Moroccan Carrot, Hummus, and Green Olive Tapenade Sandwich
Homemade Sangria
I munched on some roasted cashews a bit later, and then for dinner I decided I really wanted some guacamole, and whipped some up using:
  • 1 small avocado
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 2 small Campari tomatoes, diced and de-seeded
I ate 1/2 of the above recipe with some tasty Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips. It was actually really good for a recipe I just threw together!
Multigrain Chips with Homemade Guac
I grabbed a small handful of dark chocolate M&Ms out of the freezer for dessert- sooo good!


Today's food will be up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment