Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So close I can taste it!

I'm taking a quick break from studying for my last test of the quarter to post this, so it will be brief :)


For lunch today, Mikey and I went to Panera where I got my usual You-Pick-2 combo of a 1/2 Greek salad and Chicken Noodle soup with a whole grain baguette. It was delicious as usual, BUT the baguette was right out of the oven. Oh man it was HEAVENLY! Nothing beats freshly baked bread!


For dinner Mikey and I decided to order some pizza, which we haven't done in a while. We recently read that Zeek's beat out Pagliacci's for best delivery pizza in Seattle. We always get Pagliacci's and had never tried Zeek's, so we decided tonight was a prime opportunity. I got a medium "Tree Hugger" pizza along with a side chopped salad (sans the salami).
Zeek's Tree Hugger Pizza
Zeek's 1/2 Chop Salad

  • Tree Hugger: Fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, spinach, mushroom, artichoke hearts, broccoli, roma tomato, garlic & olives
  • 1/2 Chop Salad: Romaine lettuce, mozzarella chopped salami, garbanzo beans, roma tomato, red onion, chicken, roasted red pepper, croutons, tossed in a zingy balsamic vinaigrette 
It was all incredibly delicious. I gobbled up my whole salad, along with 2 slices of pizza. I was excited to see that they don't skimp on their veggies AT ALL. This baby was LOADED with toppings!
So what's the consensus, Pagliacci's or Zeek's? We can't pick a winner. We love them both equally. I think it just comes down to what you're craving (though I do like the salad choices from Zeek's MUCH more than those from Pagliacci's).

Now I have to go back to studying (I can't promise I won't sneak another slice of pizza before I head to bed though, hah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment