Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Night Owl

Ah school is so crazy at the moment! As the quarter comes to a close, I am getting more and more stressed about my finals, final papers, etc. Tomorrow is my English final which is an essay test, and I'm freaking out about it because I feel like I can't answer the questions we were given to study :(! -Sigh-


But stepping away from that for a second, here are my eats:


For lunch today, Mikey and I decided to go to The Ram. I normally don't like to go here since everything is so high in calories, but today I just said screw it. I got the Club sandwich sans ham (I hate ham), switched out the white bread for wheat, and asked for the mayo on the side (which I may have ended up using 1/2 teaspoon of, I didn't miss it at all). I also added avocado, yum! I got sweet potato fries for my side.
Ram Club

  • Clubhouse: Bacon, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato, Swiss & Cheddar cheese on toasted white bread
(Terrible photo courtesy of Mikey's iPhone, lol) I ate half of the sandwich, minus a lot of the bread which I tossed to the side. There was just too much. It was one of those sandwiches that had the extra piece in the middle and this one didn't have enough going on to warrant it. I also ate about half of my sweet potato fries.
I'm not sure on the calorie count because the nutritional menu says it is 1300 calories normally! I just don't believe that the sandwich I got was quite that high (especially with all of my substitutions). Also, this is NOT COUNTING the fries!!! Seriously? Ridiculous. I would guess that for what I ate (1/2 the meal), it was around 600 calories. 450 for half the sandwich minus some bread, and 150 for the fries I ate. I could be completely wrong, but I'd like to think that this is a pretty good educated guess.
=600 calories

Anyways, after lunch I printed out a bunch of study material for my test, and then took a nap to energize myself for the ridiculous amount of studying that was to follow.
After waking up and studying for a couple of hours, I decided it was time for a break. I quickly ate a juicy red plum, and then Mikey and I headed to the gym. 
Red Plum
  • 158g red plum (87cal)
Another great workout! 60 minutes + 5 minute cool-down for a total of 6.83 (6.43 miles in 60 minutes) miles and 713 calories burned! My average heart rate was 173 BPM.

When we got home, I was super hungry, and quickly ate the rest of my sandwich from lunch (minus some of the bread again and no mayo this time). I decided to just toss the sweet potato fries because they are never as good as they are fresh out of the fryer. I also made some Greek-style nachos! It was just pita wedges topped with hummus, olive tapenade, and feta cheese and then heated in the microwave for a minute or two- YUM:
Greek Nachos
  • 1/2 Clubhouse sandwich (450cal)
  • 1 whole wheat pita (150cal)
  • 2 tbsp hummus (100cal)
  • 1 tbsp olive tapenade (55cal)
  • 1 oz. feta cheese (75cal)
=830 calories- I was HUNGRY!

Then it was back to studying! My 3am study snack was natural, tart-style frozen yogurt (tastes like Red Mango!) with homemade cajeta! SOOOO GOOD!
Tart frozen yogurt with homemade cajeta
=330 calories

=1847 calories - 713 burned
=1134 net calories for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment