Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long and Slow

Last night I whipped up some overnight oats for breakfast this morning. 
Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Raspberry Preserves and Topped with Granola
The night-before mix was:

And this morning I added:
=410 calories
It was so creamy and delicious! I love overnight oats (plus they ensure that I will eat breakfast in the morning) :).

I didn't feel like going to my lecture class this morning; it was just one of those days. Unfortunately, I still had to go to campus to turn in an extra credit assignment and figure out some reimbursement stuff. But that was painless :). We also stopped by the bank and then headed back home.

I didn't eat again until 7PM- mostly because I took a nice long nap today and kind of forgot about food for a while, hah oops. Well, when I finally remembered, I decided to on a tasty sandwich with chips on the side (though I can't promise I didn't stuff some of the chips onto my sandwich as I was munching away):
IMG_1895
  • 2 toasted slices Orowheat Master's Best Winter Wheat, toasted (180cal)
  • 1 slice Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90cal)
  • Claussen pickle slices (5cal)
  • 1 tbsp Balsamic Fig and Date Dijon Mustard (10cal)
  • 57g deli chicken breast slices (50cal)
  • a few leaves of spring mix (negligible)
  • 1 oz. Original Popchips (120cal)
=455 calories

At around 8PM we headed to they gym. I decided to try the "long and slow" workout thing that I did yesterday since it was so easy! I did 60 minutes + 5 minute cool-down on the elliptical resulting in 6.73 (6.3 miles in 60min) miles and 674 calories! GREAT workout! I was able to keep my heart rate at an average of 173 BPM! I'm so proud of myself. I really have to make an effort to keep it lower, but it makes the workout incredibly easy.

When we got home, I had a couple of tablespoons of roasted cashews to refuel:
  • 2 tbsp salted, roasted cashews (113cal)
Just a bit later it was dinner time! I needed a lot of calories after my long workout, so I decided on a GIGANTIC bowl of cereal. I was out of skim milk so I had to use Mikey's 2%, but that turned out to be good considering I was trying to make this as calorie-dense as possible. 
Bran Buds with a nanner and peanut butter
The bowl consisted of:
  • 155g All-Bran Bran Buds (362cal)
  • 130g banana (116cal)
  • 2 tbsp creamy, natural peanut butter (190cal)
  • 1 cup 2% milk (130cal)
=798 calories (super calorie-dense and too filling but I needed it)

=1776 calories - 674 burned
=1102 net calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment