Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Skipper!

On Tuesdays I have only one class which is at 9:30am, but today, I just wasn't up to going so I skipped! It's only the second class I've missed all quarter, and it's just a lecture class so I know it won't be a big deal. I spent the morning lounging around playing flash games.

For lunch (brunch even? It was like 11am) I had a big ol' bowl of Life cereal (which is definitely one of my all-time favorites). But, for some reason I completely neglected to take a picture of it :/. Anyways, the calorie count came out to 380.

Dinner was a delectable salad with poached eggs! I love runny eggs on salads; it add a whole new dimension of flavor and texture. The silly part is that I had planned on soft-boiling the eggs, but then realized that I just cracked them into little ramekins. I guess I subconsciously wanted poached eggs instead? Hah. Well, regardless, it was still super tasty!
Poached eggs over mixed greens and herbs with tomatoes and avocado
  • Mixed green and herbs (5cal)
  • 2 little campari tomatoes (20cal)
  • 1/2 medium avocado (80cal)
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (120cal)
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (15cal)
  • a ton of sea salt and some freshly ground pepper
  • 2 large eggs, poached (148cal)
  • sprinkling of parmigiana reggiano (negligible)
=388 calories

My midnight snack this evening was rather large since I still needed a bunch of calories. I had a nummy (shut up it's a word!) apple with Nuttzo, an some trail mix I made with cashews, dark chocolate M&Ms, and dried cranberries. Delicious!
Honeycrisp apple with nut butter sauce and a trail mix of sorts
  • 1 little Honeycrisp apple (60cal)
  • 1 tbsp Nuttzo mixed with some unsweetened vanilla almond milk to make a nice nut butter sauce (90cal)
  • 21g dark chocolate M&Ms (105cal)
  • 3 tbsp salted roasted cashews (170cal)
  • 8g dried cranberries (20cal)
=445 calories

=1213 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment