Thursday, March 18, 2010

In Florida!

Mikey and I left for Florida this morning at around 10am for our 12pm flight. Once we got through security we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading to our gate. I got a WONDERFUL salad from a place called Dish D'lish. It was seriously one of the best salads I've had and it was from an airport!
Orange Fennel Chicken Salad (from the airport!)

  • Orange Fennel Chicken Salad: baby arugula, fennel, mandarin oranges, chicken, pistachios, and a pomegranate vinaigrette

Even though the flight was 5 hours, it was pretty painless since we both had our laptops (with free wifi on the plane!), iPods, DSi's, and there was also the in-flight personal TV's- plenty to keep us occupied! Our layover was in Atlanta and by the time we got there, we were both pretty hungry so we got a pita bread, veggies, and hummus tray from Starbuck's. It was quite small, and we split it, but it was enough to fill us up for the short flight from Atlanta to Tampa and the hour drive to Sarasota until we could eat at home.

When we did get home at around midnight, my awesome mother cooked us up some killer quesadillas! Mine was chicken, cheese, and random roasted veggies (asparagus, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, etc.) with sour cream and black bean and corn salsa on the side. It was seriously soo good!
Veggie/Chicken Quesadilla

I'm super tired after our long looong day of traveling and I know that I am going to have zero problem adjusting to the 3 hour time difference. So, I'm off to bed now. I hope that I will be able to keep the updates coming but I'm not making any promises for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment