Monday, March 1, 2010

So Sorry! I'm back.

Warning: Killer long post ahead!


I apologize for not posting this weekend but my eating was rather erratic. I decided that Saturday was going to be a cheat day because a) I haven't had one in a bit, and b) I deserve it; I mean, I've lost like 10 pounds since the end of January.
So, for lunch on Saturday I had a giant bowl of cereal and it was wonderful! For dinner, Mikey and I decided to try out a new place! We went to Cactus, a Tex-Mex style restaurant where we were greeted with some salty tortilla chips and a pretty stellar salsa (I'm a chips and salsa connoisseur in case you didn't know). I ordered a glass of Sangria (I RARELY indulge in alcohol) and it was just alright. I would have liked it to have had other fruits besides just oranges and limes but I clearly just need to try my hand at making my own. Mikey and I shared a tiny cup of their Seafood Chowder which was loaded with rockfish, clams, corn, and more. It was creamy and delicious but pretty rich. For dinner I ordered the Butternut Squash Enchiladas because I had heard a lot of good things about them (Butternut Squash Enchilada- Crisp white corn tortillas with Jack and goat cheeses, sautéed spinach, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, manchamanteles mole and guacamole). They were quite good, but weren't at all what I expected. They were not in enchilada form, but rather a tower of layered fried tortillas, and the fillings. They were, however, super filling and I ate only half and had the rest boxed up. After our meal we were presented with a complimentary Caramel Flan by the manager since it was our first visit! It was so creamy and wonderful that I managed to choke down a few bites even though I felt like I was going to blow up from all of the food! After all that I still managed to finish off the rest of my meal in the wee hours of the morning before heading to bed.
Friday I certainly felt the effects of overindulging and woke up still feeling full. I didn't eat anything until dinner, but Mikey and I did go on a nice 5 mile walk around Greenlake in the afternoon where I took some pictures of the gorgeous cherry blossoms and tulips for my mom:
Cherry Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms
Tulips
And a dorky looking photo of me in front of the lake with the mountains in the background:
Me at Greenlake
For dinner we went to the Macaroni Grill where we were served a delicious rosemary bread with olive oil for dipping. I held off on the olive oil minus one taste, but could not hold back on the tasty bread! I ordered a soup and salad for dinner:
  • Amalfi Chicken Soup- Slow-roasted chicken with garden vegetables and Parmesan-filled sacchetti pasta in a chicken broth with fresh lemon zest (420cal)
  • Warm Spinach Salad- Fresh spinach wilted and tossed with prosciutto, roasted garlic, fresh lemon and extra virgin olive oil. Topped with toasted goat cheese (330cal)
  • Bread (maybe 250cal?)
=1000ish calories for the day

Well today I decided to get back into the groove of things and started the day out with breakfast- SOUND THE ALARMS! Yes, *I* ate breakfast! A delicious, nutritious, and filling one at that! I had to get up SUPERRR early to finish up a paper and decided why not? By the way, the sunrise this morning was simply gorgeous:
Sunrise
My breakfast was a wonderful bowl of oatmeal:
Oatmeal
=314 calories

After class, Mikey and I went to Specialty's Cafe for lunch. I got one of the featured soups which was Spicy Lentil Dahl. It was really tasty with great Indian flavors, but rather thick and I decided it would be better over some rice with a spoonful of greek yogurt. I ate only about a quarter of it, but took the rest home. I also bought a cup of fruit which ended up being less than stellar. I think the fruit was out of season :(. I ate the few pineapple pieces, strawberries, and grapes out of it and left the remaining 3/4 of the cup uneaten (the cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon). We stopped by Pasta & Co. on or way back to the car and I picked up some delicious pasta salad (Hazelnut Tortellini with Toasted Almond Slivers, Feta Cheese, Olives and Artichokes) to eat later. They had some samples out so I tried a chip with salsa, half a cracker with cheese and quince paste, and a bite of the pasta salad before I decided to purchase some.
  • Lentil Soup (maybe 50cal?)
  • Fruit (about 40cal)
  • Samples (around 100cal)
=190 calories- I just wasn't that hungry; I guess it was the oatmeal from breakfast!

Dinner tonight was my leftover lentil dahl with chips for dipping, the pasta salad I bought earlier, a pickle (obviously Claussen- the best brand by a long shot), and a GoGo SqueeZ in appleapple flavor.
Pasta salad, lentil dahl, chips, applesauce squeeze, and a pickle!
Pasta salad, lentil dahl, chips, applesauce squeeze, and a pickle!
  • Lentil Dahl (200ish cal)
  • Pasta Salad (300 cal?)
  • Apple sauce (60cal)
  • 1 oz. Food Should Taste Good Multi-grain chips (140cal)
=700 calories

=1204 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment