Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Too FEW Calories?!

This morning began with a wonderful breakfast which I made last night!
A delicious and creamy bowl of overnight oats:
Overnight Oats with Strawberry Preserves, White Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Granola
Add the first three ingredients to a bowl, mix, cover, and refrigerate overnight. I added in the other ingredients this morning.
=410 calories

Lunch was also prepared yesterday (for the most part)! It was a delicious Moroccan carrot sandwich with creamy goat cheese and green olive tapenade on pumpernickel bread. You can find the recipe for it HERE on my other blog!
Moroccan Carrot and Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Green Olive Tapenade
  • Moroccan Carrot Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Green Olive Tapenade (around 580cal)
=580 calories

This evening Mikey and I actually went to the *gym* for the first time in a month, hah. I had a really good workout! I did 4 miles on the elliptical in 34:45, and then did a nice 5 minute cool down. My heart monitor read 506 calories burned! I was pretty excited because that meant I could have a feast of a dinner!

After debating what to eat for about half an hour after we got home, I finally decided on a humongous stir-fry for dinner! The mix included: shirataki noodles, red pepper, mung beans, enoki mushrooms, carrots, green onions, onions, garlic, tofu, all sauteed in sesame oil, and a sauce made from shoyu soy sauce, mirin, and oyster sauce. It made two rather large servings. For both servings:
Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry
  • 1 package shirataki noodles (40cal)
  • 198g extra-firm tofu (180cal)
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil (260cal)
  • 1/2 package enoki mushrooms (22cal)
  • 1 medium carrot (25cal)
  • 1 red bell pepper (30cal)
  • 1/4 of a yellow onion (16cal)
  • 1/2 package mung beans (15cal)
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce (50cal)
  • 2 tsp mirin (17cal)
  • 2 tsp shoyu soy sauce (10cal)
=665 calories/2 = 332 calories per serving
  • I also had 113g of a blood orange (57cal)
Blood Orange
=389 calories... seriously, I'm in awe of how low-cal this was. It was the world's most filling meal.

Clearly my surprisingly calorie-lacking dinner was not enough food after my heavy workout, but it was far too filling for me to eat more :/.

=1379 calories for the day - 506 calories from workout
=873 net calories- horrible 

No comments:

Post a Comment