Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thai Food is the Best Food

Well, I didn't post my eats yesterday for a couple of reasons. The first is that I only ate *one* meal yesterday :/. I didn't get around to eating until dinner at like 9pm! The second reason is that I have no pictures as Mikey and I went out for dinner to Barrio- a fun, trendy, Mexican restaurant. It was a great dinner! We got a chips and salsa appetizer to share and then I got two small plates for dinner:
  • fire roasted tomato-habanero salsa with tortilla chips
  • chile braised pork belly: green apple-jicama slaw and caramelized pineapple (from the appetizer menu- the piece of meat was probably 2 inches wide and an inch or so tall, so it was fairly small)
  • half caesar: chilled romaine, shaved radish, grilled croutons, manchego cheese with chimayo chile- caesar dressing
I also got a cocktail:
  • lado del sur: el jimador reposado, mint, grapefruit, lemon, agave, regan’s orange bitters
The pork belly was out-of-this-world good! It paired so nicely with the crunchy slaw and sweet pineapple. The caesar salad was also amazing. I normally don't order caesar salads at restaurants because they usually have a terribly creamy dressing that tastes nothing like any of the components that make it up; however, our waiter assured me that in this caesar you could taste the anchovies, dijon, etc. I'm glad I listened because It was great! It had a great lemon-y tang that went so well with the radishes (which, by the way, were an AWESOME addition to a caesar salad).
The cocktail was really tasty. I loved the sourness from the grapefruit. I also enjoyed crushing up the fresh mint in my glass :).
Despite the fact that the desserts looked amazing (homemade churros!), we were both far too full. We had a really fun time and will DEFINITELY be back!

So, now that that's out of the way we can move on to today!
When I got up this morning at like 11am, I decided on a delectable bowl of Bran Buds with a nanner and some creamy peanut butter for breakfast/lunch. It was wonderful! Bananas and peanut butter were made for one another, were they not?
Bran Buds, nanner, almond milk, and creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup All-Bran Bran Buds (210cal)
  • 1 big banana (100cal)
  • 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter (90cal)
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40cal)
=440 calories

This afternoon we went over to Mikey's parents' house to help his mom take some pictures for her real estate website. It was SUCH a gorgeous day today! Clear blue skies, sun sining down, absolute perfection. Afterwards, his parents took us to one of our very favorite restaurants for dinner, Silver Spoon! It's a great local Thai place that has excellent food. I don't really like not counting my calories 2 days in a row, but how could I turn down free Thai food?! I love all Asian food, but especially Thai. I'm a spice-lover and I always get the absolute hottest they offer (5 star here), and then ask for the spice tray on the side too! I got:
  • Baby Corn Delight: sauteed tofu with baby corn, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion, stir-fried with oyster sauce and light soy sauce
It was a fairly healthy option I thought. I also opted from brown rice over white. We also got an appetizer of crab rangoons but I only had one. I ate half of my meal and had the rest packaged up to eat later. These are obviously guesses for the calorie calculations:
  • 1/2 Baby Corn Delight (300cal)
  • about 1/2 cup of brown rice (175cal)
  • 1 crab rangoon (70cal)
=545 calories

When I got home, I saw my Everything Cookies looking up at me and had to have one. It was salty and crunchy and chocolatey and I don't regret it one bit!
My midnight snack tonight was my leftovers :P
Baby Corn Delight
  • 1/2 Baby Corn Delight (300cal)
  • 1/2 cup brown rice (175cal)
=475 calories

=1680 calories
WOWZA, hah, ah well... tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment