Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cupcakes Make the World Go 'Round

Lunch this afternoon was my usual sandwich from Specialty's Cafe and Bakery:
Specialty's Cafe- "The Vegetarian"
"The Vegetarian"which includes:
  • herb bread 
  • avocado
  • sprouts
  • swiss
  • cucumber
  • mushrooms
  • lettuce 
  • tomato
  • red onion 
  • dill pickle
  • pepperoncini
  • stone ground mustard
Always hits the spot!
=~440 calories

While we were in the UVillage we stopped by Trophy Cupcakes to pick up a few of their delicious cupcakes. Seriously, as someone who hopes to one day open a bakery I'd like to consider myself a fairly good judge of baked delights, and they make the best cupcakes in the universe! The texture is absolutely perfect.
I enjoyed my Carrot Walnut Cupcake a bit later. It was amazing like each and every cupcake I've tried there. Besides carrots and walnuts it also contained golden raisins and a cream cheese frosting.
Trophy Cupcakes Carrot Walnut
Goodness I love cupcakes. Did you know that they are the sole cause of the earth's orbit? :P Only kidding, but they are a big part of what keeps me alive, hah!
Trophy Cupcakes Carrot Walnut
That's a whole lotta carrot!
=~350 calories?

I just want to have a little aside here and talk about sweets. I could never be on ANY sort of diet/eating plan/whatever that excluded desserts and baked goods. I just don't think it is at all realistic. In the past when I used to limit my calories intake severely, I would toss out ALL sweets/fat/etc., eventually leading to terrible binges do to the built-up cravings. I think it's extremely important that you eat whatever you want; portion is the key!

Dinner tonight was California Pizza Kitchen!
CPK Moroccan Salad
CPK Asparagus Soup
I got the 1/2 Moroccan Chicken Salad (412cal)
  • Moroccan-spiced chicken breast with crisp Romaine lettuce, roasted butternut squash, Medjool dates, fresh avocado, toasted almonds, fresh beets, chopped egg, carrots, dried cranberries and red bell peppers. Tossed with our champagne vinaigrette.
annnd a cup of the Asparagus Soup (106cal)
  • A creamless vegetarian soup garnished with garlic-herb croutons.
=518 calories (but it felt like so much more, gahhh I'm full!)


=1308 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment