Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The skies may be grey but the food sure isn't!

Ugh today was ugly as sin out. Honestly, no exaggeration! It was grey and dreary and vacillating between raining cats and dogs, and an obnoxious mist that sort of just hangs in the air.

I tried to brighten up the day with a vibrant lunch from Panera.
I got a You-Pick-2 with: 
1/2 Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (255cal):
All-natural citrus-herb chicken, mixed field greens, romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, pecans, Gorgonzola, apple chips & white balsamic apple vinaigrette.
Panera- Fuji Apple Chicken
1/2 Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (280cal):
Zesty Peppadew™ piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro hummus on our Tomato Basil bread.
Panera- Mediterranean Veggie
So yummy! The cute little apple you see I brought home for another time :]
=535 calories

After my last class, I went home and took a MUCH needed nap! I love naps :D I think I may be nocturnal because I like sleeping during the day FAR more than sleeping at night.

Dinner tonight was a homemade veggie burger that I've had in the freezer for a WHILE, hah but it was still delicious! I LOVE these veggie burgers :D
IMG_2809
  • veggie burger (395cal)
  • slice Orowheat Master's Best WInter Wheat, toasted (90cal)
  • 30g avocado (57cal)
  • couple small slices tomato (negligible)
  • few leaves of baby spinach
  • 198g Comice pear (119cal)
IMG_2810
What I did was cook up the frozen burger smashing it and flattening out so it would cook faster. I toasted a slice of bread and spread the avocado over it, sprinkled on some coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper and topped that with some slices from this beautiful heirloom tomato:
IMG_2806
Then I did the salt and pepper thing again and laid a few leaves of baby spinach on  top of that. All topped with the giant, flattened burger, and drizzled with sriracha (one of my favorite ever condiments).
I also had a juicy Comice pear on the side!
IMG_2811
=661 calories

=1196 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment