Friday, June 11, 2010

This is a Title....hah

I started out the day with another delicious mug of french-pressed coffee :D! I'm loving my new french-press. Except today, I tried it with 2% milk to see if I could taste a discernable difference from the SO Delicious coconut milk that I used yesterday, and there really was none. I'll be using the coconut milk every day for sure.
IMG_2890
=15 calories


MUCH later I had one of the most delicious meals I have ever had- veggie burger "tacos":
IMG_2899


  • 2 Food For Life sprouted grain tortillas (160cal)
  • 1 Gardenburger (100cal)
  • 45g avocado (86cal)
  • a few strips of red bell pepper (negligible)
  • few leaves baby spinach (negligible)
  • ~2 tbsp cashew spread (160cal?)
IMG_2894
The star of this meal was the cashew spread- really called cashew "cheese" but I think its tastes NOTHING like cheese. Here's how I made it:
ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups RAW cashews
  • water
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 sun dried tomato
  • sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
  1. Put the cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Soak 2-5 hours.
  2. After cashews have soaked, drain them and place them in the bowl of a food processor along with the other ingredients. Blend until you reach your desired consistency, slowly trickling water in to thin it up.
  3. Let it sit in the fridge overnight before serving.
It's a super versatile spread and really made these "tacos" incredible!
IMG_2905
=506 calories


Later I snacked on one of my Brown Butter Toffee Blondies because they are ultra amazing and Mikey is downing them fast! 
=175 calories


Dinner was hotdogs again! But turkey dogs this time instead of a beef dog. It's crazy because TWO turkey dogs are still 10 calories less than ONE beef dog.
IMG_2909

  • 2 organic, uncured turkey dogs (100cal)
  • whole wheat hotdog bun (160cal)
  • relish, ketchup, hot peppers (negligible)
  • fuji apple (100cal)
=360 calories

I had a super late snack of a strawberry shake!
IMG_2912
  • 1 cup lowfat plain kefir (110cal)
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries (50cal)
  • 2 tbsp homemade chocolate-pecan spread (180cal)
  • couple ice cubes
  • cocoa nibs sprinkled on top (15cal)
=355 calories

=1511 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment