Friday, June 4, 2010

A Taste of This and a Taste of That

Last night I made some Milk Chocolate Cinnamon-Pecan Brownies for my English class and I may have had a few fingerfuls of batter.


This morning after they sat in the fridge for the night I tried one to make sue they were good enough to bring to my class. They were, but eating something so sweet right after waking up was a BIG mistake and I felt kind of sick for the next couple of hours.
=~200 calories?


After my Archaeology (where we spent an hour chucking spears outside, lol) and English classes (btw the brownies were a huge hit), Mikey and I stopped at Panera for lunch!
I got a whole "Classic Salad" (170cal)
Mixed field greens & romaine lettuce topped with vine-ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions & our reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette.
Panera Classic Salad
and a whole grain baguette on the side (180cal) 
Panera Classic Salad + Whole Grain Baguette
They gave me two since they were half-sized today :)
Yummy lunch!
=350 calories


I have my final Archaeology test in the morning so I've been studying all night, but I took a break for dinner and gobbled up a delicious tasting plate consisting of:
Tasting Plate

  • radish tartine: slice of buttermilk bread, toasted, (100cal) with butter (8g=57cal) and radish slices (25g=4cal) sprinkled with Himalayan pink salt
  • avocado tartine: slice of multi-grain bread (90cal) with smashed avocado (30g=57cal), heirloom tomato (5cal), sea salt, and cracked pepper
  • Taylor's Gold Pear (205g=118cal)
  • "fried" egg: toped with sea salt and cracked pepper then cooked in a ramekin in the microwave for 25 seconds (74cal)
Tasting Plate
It was one of the best dinners I've had in a loooong time! The tomato was amazingly ripe, and the pear was the juiciest and most delicious I have ever had. I originally was going to just have the pear and the 2 tartines, but then I thought there was a definite lack of protein going on so I through in the egg- so glad I did! As you can tell, I love me some fresh ground pepper, hah!
=505 calories (and yet oh-so-satisfying!)

=1055 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment