Monday, May 31, 2010

Chewy Chewy Chewy!

Brunch today was a deliciously chewy bowl of steel-cut oats!
Steel-Cut Oats
So much texture!
The mix was:
  • 1/4 cup steel-cut oats (170cal)
  • ~1 tbsp chia seeds (38cal)
  • pinch sea salt
  • 3/4 cup water
All cooked together and then topped with:
Steel-Cut Oats
There's me in the spoon hah.
Steel-Cut Oats
I'm not sure why my photos are so extra terrible today.
=343 calories

A bit later I snacked on this juicy sweet apple:
IMG_2777
=~90cal

Dinner tonight was some incredible pasta!
IMG_2790
Pappardelle pasta with ground buffalo mixed into Rising Moon's Garlic and Chanterelle Mushroom pasta sauce that I jazzed up a bit with some spices.
Pappardelle pasta is so cool looking. I love how thick it is- so chewy!
IMG_2781
My serving was:
  • ~70g dry pasta (250cal)
  • 1/2 cup sauce (40cal)
  • 1/3 lb buffalo (218cal)
I also had a nummy little end piece of garlic bread toasted in the oven with butter (150cal?)
IMG_2791
=658 calories

=1091 calories for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment