Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All Sugared Out

I apologize for not posting last night, I just didn't get around to it. I was too busy baking up a storm!


I got  my paper all turned in yesterday afternoon, and then Mikey and I grabbed lunch at Specialty's Cafe and Bakery. I, naturally, got my usual sandwich- "The Vegetarian" (420cal) Lately though, I have been getting it on the whole wheat bread as opposed to the herb bread that it normally comes on. I find that I really like the crunch of the grains on the outside of the wheat bread; I'm all about texture :p.
Specialty's- The Vegetarian
Mikey and I also got a small cup of their Tomato Tortellini soup to share which came with a whole wheat roll. I found that for some reason my sandwich filled me up more than usual so I only had one tortellini from the soup and a couple bites of the tomato-y broth. I also had just a minute corner of the roll (where talking one itsy bitsy bite here people). Maybe 40 calories in total for the soup/bread?
Specialty's Tomato Tortellini Soup
=460 calories

After we ate, we stopped by Trophy Cupcakes and grabbed some to-go because we are obviously terribly obsessed. Later, we realized we probably didn't need to do this (I had no time to eat mine!) considering I baked so much, haha.


Anyways, about my baking. I first baked some INCREDIBLE Brown Butter Toffee Blondies with Homemade Toffee. Seriously, I ate one and as I took my first bite I was literally in shock of how completely amazing they were. I will have the recipe up over at Spache the Spatula shortly.
Brown Butter Toffee Blondie
So, besides eating a tiny blondie (175cal), I also did my fair share of snacking on the toffee I made. It was just s good I couldn't stop myself! I would guess I probably has about 175 calories worth of toffee, hah!
=350 calories


In no time I realized it was way past dinner time so Mikey and I headed over to Whole Foods to pick up some yummy produce for the week, as well as so food from their salad/hot bar for me!
I got a small container from the salad bar (200cal?) filled with:

  • spinach as a base
  • a bit of cabbage
  • shredded zucchini
  • some mushrooms
  • pinch of sunflower seeds
  • green pepper
  • tiny pinch of wheatberries (LOVE the chewy-ness)
  • some balsamic grilled red onions
  • 1 tiny strip of steak
  • 1 tiny cube of marinated tofu
  • oil and vinegar drizzled on top
Whole Foods Salad Bar
My hot bar container (400cal? that may be a bit high but meh) contained very small portions of (starting with the top left corner and going clockwise:
  • butter chicken
  • saffron rice (with currants and almond slivers)
  • grain salad with dried cranberries, herbs, and nuts
  • green mole chicken
  • roasted garlic noodles
  • roasted sole (fish) with tomato salsa (this wasn't very good and I only ate maybe 1/3 of the small portion
  • green bean salad (with walnuts, cheese, red onions, green onions, and red wine vinegar)
  • asian noodle salad
Whole Foods Hot Bar
Really, the portions are even smaller than they look. I had to get such a big container because Mikey wanted like five of the Hawaiian Chicken Drumsticks from the hot bar, ha.
=600 calories

After eating, I went back to baking as Mikey really wanted me to make some Lemon Bars. Neither of us could eat them after they were finished though, hah. I get sugared out simply by being around all the sugar-y ingredients while baking!

=1410 calories for the day

Today's intake will be up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment