Monday, May 3, 2010

Here I am :]

So what have I been up to? This is going to be a very quick run-down.


Thursday:


I had a delicious Nature's Path Chococonut Granola Bar before my archeology lab and english class. I love Nature's Path! I think I've said that before, but seriously... everything they make is delicious!
IMG_2581

After I got back from class, I had a slice of the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread that I baked. Shortly after, Mikey showed up with his friend who was in town for the weekend and after a couple of hours we went and got some dinner at Mexico Cantina. I was SO happy to see that the Curry Burrito that I used to always get but was taken off of the menu was on special for the night! I ate my entire humongous burrito!


Friday:


Lunch was at Specialty's Cafe and Bakery where I got my usual sandwich- "The Vegetarian" sans mayo, ranch, and provolone cheese. I also got a cup of their Ratatouille soup which came with a small whole wheat roll. I ate about 2/3 of the soup, 3/4 of my sandwich, and the roll :].


At around midnight we went to grab dinner at Earl's where I got the Los Cabos Chicken Tacos appetizer: two grilled soft corn tortillas, spicy tomato poached chicken, avocado corn salsa, melted cheddar and monterey jalapeno jack, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, and salsa picante. The tortillas were a bit chewy, I thought. I also got a martini called "Doctor's Orders": blueberry smirnoff vodka, acai mangosteen juice and agave nectar, and fresh squeezed lime juice. It was good, but kind of small and not good enough for $7.


Saturday:


We went to Panera for lunch where I got a You-Pick-2 (go figure). I got a 1/2 Greek salad, the garden vegetable and pest soup, and a whole wheat baguette for my side.


For dinner, we went to The Ram. I got the veggie burger which comes on a whole wheat bun, and I doused it in hot sauce :P. My side was, naturally, sweet potato fries. I also got a cocktail (yes two nights in a row hah)- a delicious mojito made with Bacardi Dragonberry and strawberry puree.


Sunday:


Lunch was Panera again, hah, another You-Pick-2 with a 1/2 Greek salad, French onion soup, and a whole grain baguette.


I had a piece of banana bread a bit later, and for dinner I had cereal- a mighty large bowl:
IMG_2591
Honey Bunches of Oats with Pecan Bunches with a small sliced banana and raspberries.


For dessert, I had a deliciously refreshing Dreyer's Acai Blueberry Fruit Bar (popsicle).
IMG_2596


Whew! Now for today (Monday):


Lunch was an amazing salad:
IMG_2599
IMG_2604
  • baby arugula
  • chopped, oven-roasted asparagus (drizzled with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper and popped in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes)
  • 2 soft-boiled eggs (drop eggs in boiling water for 4 minutes then transfer to cold water and peel)
  • parmigiano reggiano cheese
  • dressing: extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea slat, fresh cracked pepper, fresh dill)
IMG_2602
I also had two little slices of toast on the side to sop up the dressing/yolk.
IMG_2606

For dinner, Mikey and I went to his parent's house where they had prepared an excellent dinner of scallops, steak, steamed asparagus, and salad. I had 4 little scallops, 1/2 a piece of steak, a side salad (topped with onion, tomato, croutons, various nuts and seeds, and a dressing of roasted pepper olive oil and aged balsamic), and a small slice of garlic loaf with butter.
Dessert was an itsy-bitsy piece of pie that I made for the occasion- Momofuku Milk Bar's Crack Pie which I will have up on my other blog asap because it is freakin' amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment